Do you have a dark complexion and want to tone it down a bit? In this article, we propose some completely natural home remedies to achieve it. And there are many people who would like to have a healthier face, with a uniform and bright skin tone. If you also want to reduce the darkness of some areas a bit and make the brown spots on your face disappear, this article is ideal for you.
Lemon juice, milk, chamomile, avocado oil, or yogurt are some of the many ingredients with which you can make your homemade skin-whitening recipes. Keep reading and do not lose detail on how to lighten the skin of the face effectively and safely.
How to lighten skin with lemon juice
One of the home remedies that have the most properties to help whiten facial skin is lemon juice, a food with great antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Mix an egg white with the juice of half a natural lemon. The egg will act as a face mask that will help to tighten your skin and will allow the lemon juice to work much better.
- Place the mixture on the face and let it act for approximately 10 minutes.
- Then rinse with cold water and gently pat your face dry, without rubbing.
- Carrying out this routine for at least a week , you will notice how your skin tone becomes progressively lighter. You’ll do great!
How to whiten the face with milk or yogurt
Dairy products are excellent products for lightening the skin of the face, mainly due to their multiple properties. Milk baths were used to repair skin in the past, so it’s not surprising that most whitening products contain some amount of this ingredient.
With a milk bath on the face, you will be able to reduce blackheads and lighten your skin remarkably, so if you are wondering how to whiten your skin with milk, all you have to do is soak a towel with a few drops of milk and gently rub your face.
Another dairy that guarantees the nutrition of our skin is yogurt; With a honey and yogurt mask you will be able to soften the face and at the same time lighten the skin.
How to whiten skin with potatoes
The multiple properties of potatoes make them ideal beauty products since their juice is perfect for naturally lightening the skin of the face. The recipe that we propose has grated potato and a teaspoon of honey:
- Mix both products in a bowl and mix well, so that there is a paste.
- Apply this mask to your face and let it act for 20 minutes.
- After this time, rinse with cold water and dry your skin gently.
In this recipe it is essential to add honey, since it will act as a softener and exfoliator and will remove dead skin from your face, thus giving way to a more uniform and luminous complexion.
How to lighten skin with chamomile
Herbs have been part of therapeutic and beauty remedies since time immemorial, so to lighten the skin they were not going to be less… with an infusion of chamomile you will be able to reduce the tone of your skin and, on the other hand, treat the eye bags or puffiness.
- Prepare an infusion of chamomile and store the bags in the fridge.
- After a few minutes, remove the bags from the fridge and apply them to your face.
- For this remedy to be effective, you must repeat the routine for a couple of weeks.
- If you want to target the benefits of chamomile for puffy eyes, leave it on your closed eyelids for 10 minutes.
How to whiten the face with avocado and papaya
Fruits are very rich in vitamins and minerals, which is why they can help us improve the condition of our skin. If your intention is to lighten your face or remove dark spots from your skin, a good option is to use avocado oil.
- Applying it to your face before going to sleep will not only help you whiten and cleanse your skin, but it will also serve as a natural make-up remover and moisturizer. Likewise, another fruit that can help you lighten your face is green or orange papaya, thanks to its high papain content.
- Mix ripe and raw papaya and apply it on your face as a mask.
- Let it act for a quarter of an hour.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
How to whiten the face with almonds
Almonds are a very nutritious food that also works wonders on a cosmetic level. If you want to lighten the skin of your face, you can count on its properties, as they will help you reduce dark spots on your face and increase its brightness.
- Mix a handful of almonds with milk and turmeric and let the result sit for a few minutes.
- Before going to sleep, make a puree with the ingredients and place the mask on your face.
- Let it act for approximately 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water before going to sleep.
How to lighten the skin with paprika or tomato
If there is a good ingredient for facial treatments, that is paprika, which stands out for activating the blood circulation of the face. On this occasion, we suggest you use it to make a mask that helps you whiten your face:
- Crush red or green bell peppers to make the base of the mask.
- Place it on your face and let it act for about 15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water. With this mask, you will recover the natural white of your face in a few days.
On the other hand, you should know that tomatoes contain vitamin C, antioxidants, and lycopene, a perfect nutritional package to keep your skin healthy and nourished. There are many cosmetics that have this ingredient, as it turns out to be natural bleach. We propose the following homemade recipe:
- Grate a couple of tomatoes, and add a little natural lemon juice and a few drops of rose water.
- Apply the mask to your face and let it act for approximately a quarter of an hour.
- Rinse your face with plenty of water.
- Carry out this routine daily for a few weeks and you will see how your skin gradually clears up.
This is surely the quintessential home remedy if you are wondering how to lighten facial skin quickly and effectively. And it is that baking soda is a perfect exfoliant to treat acne and restore its color and natural light to your face. If you want to learn how to lighten facial skin with baking soda, follow these steps:
- Mix the baking soda with a teaspoon of honey.
- When a paste has formed, apply the mixture to your face evenly.
- It is very important that you avoid the eye area, as you could irritate your mucous membranes.
- Let the mixture act for 10 minutes.
- After that time, rinse your face with plenty of water.